




Well, although Memorial Day has come and gone, I thought I would post some of our events anyway. We had a GREAT weekend. Our friends, the Kendricks, came up from Norfolk with their son Dylan. We spent Saturday at Luray Caverns up near Skyline drive. It was great. We got there right before the crowd. But boy have things changed up there since my 4th grade field trip! I never knew how popular they were or just how many people a cavern can hold!! But we all enjoyed the sights and wonder of such a neat place. On the way home, we stopped for icecream and to shop at the vendors along the road. I found a great white rocking chair for the front porch, which I have been waiting patiently for. But we got a good deal on it. On Sunday we went fishing at a riverbank which runs along the backside of our neighborhood. Tom was the only successful fisherman, but Dylan got the prize of the day, a baby painted turtle. Beau had a nice nap in mommy's lap. Afterwards, we went to the neighborhood pool, which some regretted after we felt the water!! Burr, cold. We wished the weekend could last longer, but our friends had to leave and we had to get back to reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment